Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrested for shoplifting even though I didnt leave

Ok so a week ago I was at cvs buying a few things I had my hands full with soda and snacks I grabbed a .99 bag of gummy bears and I put it in my coat pocket to carry to the register at the register I took it out and put all merch on the register and had my debit card out about to pay when a cop walked in and put me on the wall asking where is it? I said what? Your shoplifting I ty okd him im not im paying for everything it was a misunderstanding it didnt matter he said ur under arrest and threw me in the car I didnt have id I gave my brothers name they figured out I was bs so I got charged with false info

Now my questions are these can I still be charged with shoplifting if I took the merch out my pocket and was paying for it and I wasnt trying to leave without paying? And since he arrested me and he didnt read me my miranda rights can I have my false information thrown out since I was questioned without reading my rights?

And all this happened in new jersey

Re: Arrested for shoplifting even though I didnt leave

You need a lawyer fast.
    Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Originally posted by Pakmilli View Post
      Ok so a week ago I was at cvs buying a few things I had my hands full with soda and snacks I grabbed a .99 bag of gummy bears and I put it in my coat pocket to carry to the register at the register I took it out and put all merch on the register and had my debit card out about to pay when a cop walked in and put me on the wall asking where is it? I said what? Your shoplifting I ty okd him im not im paying for everything it was a misunderstanding it didnt matter he said ur under arrest and threw me in the car I didnt have id I gave my brothers name they figured out I was bs so I got charged with false info

Now my questions are these can I still be charged with shoplifting if I took the merch out my pocket and was paying for it and I wasnt trying to leave without paying? And since he arrested me and he didnt read me my miranda rights can I have my false information thrown out since I was questioned without reading my rights?

And all this happened in new jersey
      You obviously didn't put the gummy bears on the counter to pay for it, which is why the "cop" walked in and arrested you for shoplifting. If you intended to pay for it, you would have placed it on the counter with the rest of your items.

You don't need to be read your Miranda rights unless you're being questioned. If they didn't interrogate you about the incident, then there's no need. And no, you can't have the additional charge thrown out because you weren't Mirandized, either.

And Disagreeable is right - that false information charge is going to hang you. Just because you didn't have your ID doesn't give you an excuse to pass yourself off as your brother instead.

You most DEFINITELY need to get yourself an attorney.
      "If it ain't in writing, it never happened."
      "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
      "You can never make the same mistake twice, because the second time you make it, it's not a mistake, but a CHOICE."

Comment

I have a friend who is a retail theft consultant and answers such questions for no fee. He says without knowing state its hard to say as each state has its own laws on theft. Why was a cop in store and happen to see you pocket item? He adds that is unwise to name store on public forum.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X