Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel that a misdemeanor on my record is wrong in this case

Hi. I had a very bad morning not too long ago. I have no legitimate excuse (as an adult) for my behavior beyond feeling very threatened. I cannot afford a lawyer, but feel that a misdemeanor on my record is wrong in this case. We have a formal complaint in process that I realize will not affect the case in court. My husband - and only witness - was issued a traffic ticket and a request to show in traffic court at the same time (different court room) as mine (mine is criminal). We know the officer in question cannot be in two places at once. I have been charged with code 18.2.388 - Profane language in Public

To make a very long story short - the reaction of me cursing at the airport police officer was the fact that for looking at her badge (no words spoken), she threatened to see me in court. The officer was VERY agressive from the get go, with not only with my husband but another individual (a security guard). I'm happy to answer questions, but my story was too long to post.

I understand that the worst I can get is a misdeameanor 4 and a $250 fine, however I am not sure how to plea in court. I am guilty of cursing, but feel the circumstances drove it. Advice is appreciated!!!!

re: I feel that a misdemeanor on my record is wrong in this case

The judge will normally allow you to keep that off your record after a year or so of good behavior. Ask for a suspended -- You should have legal counsel or at least the public defender negotiate for you--and keep this off your record.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X