Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does he have the right/authority to confiscate my book?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does he have the right/authority to confiscate my book?

This is just a "hypothetical" question. Say i were to photocopy an entire book which is an infringement of copyright. Say i were to pay $72 for the copy. And then someone saw my photocopied book and confiscated it (the person not being a cop, but a lawyer). My question is, does he have the right/authority to confiscate my book, even if the means in which i got the book is illegal? And in confiscating my book, does it constitute theft? Please help me.

re: Does he have the right/authority to confiscate my book?

Any citizen can intervene to stop or report a crime etc. But normally he has no such right unless he knows 100 % for certain a crime has occurred and then he must involve the police asap--he cannot keep the book eg--he should report it to the copyright holder or the police for severe issues. He can be sued if he makes a mistake and acts improperly and incorrectly as to the supposed violation.

Comment

Every country is different but in the USA you can make a citizen's arrest. You will get sued if you are wrong however.

What happened in your situation? Why are you asking this?

Comment

He does not really have the right to take that...himself...call the police if need be.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X