X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I be arrested later on? -Ontario Law

The following took place in Canada (Ontario):
    I was with some friends and we saw that a construction vehicle still had the keys in it. I hopped the fence and turned it on, then tried to turn it off, but it wouldn't shut off. We left, and were later pulled over by a detective and asked if we committed the crime; I confessed and fully co-operated. He asked for our ID, local addresses and then took us to a police officer. The officer had me try to turn off the vehicle, which I couldn't. He then thank us for our co-operation and told us we were free to go. I did not receive a summons, I did not go to the police station, I was not read my rights and I was told I was free to go.

My question is this: Can I be charged/arrested for this? Is it likely that since I was not given a summons or taken to a police station that I got lucky and won't have an arrest record? Is there anything I should be doing now to prepare in case I get a call from the police?

Thanks for your help

Re: Can I be arrested later on? -Ontario Law

They can still charge you later; it will depend in part what the owner of the vehicle wants to do.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X