Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Statutory rape? What kind of trouble might I be in?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Statutory rape? What kind of trouble might I be in?

10 years ago, when I was 32, I had consensual sex with a 16 year old in the state of Washington. This information was replayed during a counseling session, and the counselor said that she was required to file a report.

What kind of trouble might I be in?

re: Statutory rape? What kind of trouble might I be in?

Nothing may come of it but if charges are filed make sure that you have legal
    counsel in this situation as it is often easier for such counsel to negotiate these kinds of issues than to do it yourself.

Comment

Re: Statutory rape? What kind of trouble might I be in?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      10 years ago, when I was 32, I had consensual sex with a 16 year old in the state of Washington. This information was replayed during a counseling session, and the counselor said that she was required to file a report.

What kind of trouble might I be in?
      and in the future find someone your own age to screw and leave the children( and that what this girl was) alone, before you get yourself into serious legal trouble. you could end up not only serving serious jail time but also be known as a lifetime sex offender.

Comment

Washington

§ 9A. 44. 073

§ 9A. 44. 076

§ 9A. 44. 079

First-degree rape of a child to have sexual intercourse with a person less than age 12 years and the actor is at least 24 months older

Second-degree rape of a child to have sexual intercourse with a person who is at least 12 but less than 14 years old if the actor is at least 36 months older than the victim

Third-degree rape of a child to have sexual intercourse with a person age 14 or 15 if the actor is at least 48 months older than the victim

Five years to life in prison

Five years to life in prison

Up to five years in prison

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          and in the future find someone your own age to screw and leave the children( and that what this girl was) alone, before you get yourself into serious legal trouble. you could end up not only serving serious jail time but also be known as a lifetime sex offender.
          I found this post to be unhelpful. For one thing the original poster asked the question back in 2007.

It would appear the troll above revived it because he/she took offense to it personally and wanted to speak his/her opinion.

For the record, the age of consent in Washington state is 16. No charges are likely to be filed. The counselor was merely doing his/her job.

The poster above might want to learn how to English before doling out advice.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X