USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DETECTIVES HARASSING ME... How can I get these phone calls to stop?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DETECTIVES HARASSING ME... How can I get these phone calls to stop?

I was a witness to a fight at a bar. Apparently, during this fight, someone was hit by a car. According to other people at the scene, the person was not seriously injured and I was not involved in this incident, however, I was asked if I knew who drove that car, and gave a first name. The police officers that night kept probing for more information, which I did not have. I was finally released from the scene (I was not arrested for anything) after an hour of questioning and the officers twisting my words around. This was almost 2 months ago, and since that night I have been getting calls from detectives on this case...they call my cell phone, call my home and speak to family members... I even receive calls at 1:00 in the morning from them. I have no other information to give them (they believe I know the suspect). I explained numerous times I do not have a last name...I only know him as a casual acquaintance. They do not believe me. What are my rights in this? How can I get these phone calls to stop???

re: DETECTIVES HARASSING ME... How can I get these phone calls to stop?

You may want to first file a complaint with the chief of the dept (or have WLD do so if you wish) . The heads of the dept's are required to investigate these kinds of problems and normally will do so--file directly with him or her and do so in writing...if that does not work, let us know.

Comment

Thank you...yesterday he called and informed that he was "going to have the prosecutor put me under oath and give a sworn statement" as to the fact that I don't know this person. Can he do such a thing? He also told me "this won't go away". The fact that he's basically threatening me is what's making me upset. I dont' feel I need to talk to him anymore...I've told him what I know and that's that.

Comment

let him do so if he wishes...but most likely he simply pushing you around at this point...it does sound a bit overreaching to us...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X