Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Affidavits, Toronto Canada -- I got my boyfriend arrested falsely

i recently got into a horrible situation in which i got my bf arrested falsely. after that he was arrested and spent the weekend in jail because he was found with me when he wasnt supposed to be. he asked me to give him an affidavit saying that i lied about what happened so the charges could be dropped which i did. he never got a chance to address itin court my question is what are the chances that the police will use the affidavit against me an result in charges? since he didnt use the affidavit as yet should i take it back from him and just not show up to trial in which case the charges will be dropped anyways?..what is the process in court if he does use the affidavit to get the charges dropped, how long would it take for me to know whatthe crown plans to do (if they charge me will i know right away or is this something they could come back to later)? i was going to hire my own lawyer but he told me dont worry about it his lawyer will handle it in away so that everything will be dropped and neither of us will be charged. i have a 4 year old son for him and i am pregnant for him so i dont think he will deliberately sabotage me but im worried about the courts.

i am in toronto canada.

re: Affidavits, Toronto Canada -- I got my boyfriend arrested falsely

what charges were involved?

Comment

he wAs charged with assault and threatening me. i told them he slapped me in an argument. later on he was charged with ftc -failure to comply because he was with me one day but that was not because of me i did not call that ih.

Comment

Try speaking to the prosecutor or we could do so for you. They have the right to continue to pursue the case on their own (even if you don't want them to) but if they feel this was a one-time incident and will never happen again--they may drop it. They want to make sure no abuse is continuing once you two are back together.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X