No announcement yet.

How can we get a court appointed attorney?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How can we get a court appointed attorney?

    My brothers partner was arrested for a criminal embezzlement act.
    "My brother is gay"

    Soon after this we found out there was a warrant for my brother as a accomplice, we retained an attorney which is the partner in the Law firm representing my brothers partner for $5,500.

    My brother turned himself in, was arrested then we bonded him out.
    By the way he is INNOCENT and there is proof that he had no knowledge of this act.

    The Attorney representing my brother thinks he is guilty and has not done anything for his case... we live in NV. and the Attorney and case is in CA.

    The Attorney does not return our phone calls and the second court appearance is coming up.
    We do not have the money or backing to retain another attorney.

    My question is;
    How can we now get a court appointed attorney and a continuance of the case to prove my Brother is innocent???

    Any info. at this point would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you for your time,

  • #2
    re: How can we get a court appointed attorney?

    You can always fire the lawyer for any reason and ask for time to get new counsel or to seek assistance from the public defender; you will be granted more time.

    You could seek a refund from the lawyer.


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

    the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

    widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.