Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talking to a minor on a cell phone

I am 33 and a friend's daughter visited this area during christmas. She is 15 (16 in feb) and seemed to have made a friendly attachment with me. There was never anything physically inappropriate and the only contact we had was during my working hours when she was at work with her father. After she went back to her home state, she contacted me via text message on her cell phone and over 2 weeks we text chatted and talked on the phone. The conversations were mostly about life issues (school, friends, my work, her day...etc). However she began to lead into emotional issues and told me she had feelings for me.

In the course of trying to figure out how to end this without hurting her (something I now realize should have been very easy), her mother discovered what was going on and contacted her father here. The mom called me today (i have had no contact with the daughter for about a week) and stated that she was looking into legal options against me.

Another piece of information: she has "latched onto" other people here when she visited before (I know.. would have been nice to know that in advance). Several co-workers have stated that its not the first time and that she is definately "trouble".

So the question is: If i was not trying to lure her or plan a meeting, if the conversation never sexual in nature, and nothing physical took place, what should I be concerned about?

Re: Talking to a minor on a cell phone

You did not do anything illegal yet; but cease all contact.

Comment

Thank you for the info. Out of curiousity, who actually answers these? are they paralegals or lawywer or just anyone who cares to do so?

Comment

anybody can do so here

you should use the private ask a lawyer on the home page if you want a lawyer only to respond

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X