USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Committed a crime: I made a complaint against someone i know.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Committed a crime: I made a complaint against someone i know.

i recently made a complaint against someone i know. they were arrested and charged but what i said happened really didnt happen. i tried to get the charges dropped but i cant do so without his cooperation an he refuses to admit guilt to something he didnt do even though it could mean getting the charges dismissed by resolving the issue instead of trial.

my question is, what is the fastest most effective way to get the charges dropped. should i approach the crown and stick to my story and try to convinve them to drop the charges? or should i get my own lawyer and confess that i lied in hopes that the lawyer would negotiate something so that i myself will not be charged for lying makin a false accusation (mischief)?

if i tell the truth im sure they will have to drop the charges but i just dont want them to turn around and charge me!! some advice please.

i am in toronto canada by the way!

re: Committed a crime: I made a complaint against someone i know.

You could be charged as it is a crime to make a false report; so get counsel and have counsel negotiate the best solution but do tell the truth...

Comment

re: Committed a crime: I made a complaint against someone i know.

do they usually charge for something like this?
      what are the consequences?
      would i get a record?.

what for example could the lawyer suggest (probabtion? immunity? community service?) if i do testify to this.

.. i know it is always best to tell the truth and that i got myself into this mess but if i just wait til the trial , although it will take long i am almost sure the persons lawyer will have the charges beat anyway so i just wanted you to tell me all my options b4 i make a decision. i am by the way a single mom and i was involved with this person at one time so i really cant afford jail/criminal record etc. what do u estimate a lawyer should cost me if this is the best way to go?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X