Is it possible? Can a plea be reversed?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible? Can a plea be reversed?

My son's confessed to a crime and has been convicted since 2008. He now claims that he didn't do it and said that he was told from the officer that if he didn't admit to it that he would serve the rest of his life in prison. That the best thing for him was to just write a statement of admission.
    The victim changed story more than once. There have been several questionable issues that haven't been answered. Like: is his confession the only evidence?
    Can his plea be reversed?

re: Is it possible? Can a plea be reversed?

Have you discussed this with his Attorney?

Comment

Re: Is it possible? Can a plea be reversed?

I see that I have asked many questions about many issues. :-(

The most important one is about my son. During that time I have asked many question in this forum. :-((
      No, he doesn't have an attorney. He had a court pointed attorney. His case was denied by the NCLPS.
      I don't know anymore how to go about it.

No physical evidence was found nor did he really remember committing the crime. But he signed a full confession implicating himself and was convicted of BI felony, done by his own words.
      They forced out of him and then used against him.
      I imagine the law gives the interrogators some freedom to lie about things like witness and evidence in order to obtain a confession. The evidence (a letter wrote by the victim) is one technique they used that took him over the edge.
      A letter which they refused to show him. A story that was changed and a date that was different from the day that crime occurred.
      Many questions. Many, many questions. And my son having an IQ of below of 88 wasn't able to understand how crucial his answers and admission would affect the outcome.

Comment

Retail Theft Answers • Index page

Why this web site?????

Comment

It wasnt part of my answer its part of my signature line. I can recommend a site but send me a PM and I will give it to you

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X