Can I file theft charges on my parents?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I file theft charges on my parents?

My parents have taken away my Playstation 3. Which i have acquired by trading something that i legally own. They not only took it away but they also gave it away. I was wondering if this was legally considered theft because they took property that is legally mine.

re: Can I file theft charges on my parents?

How old are you? If you are still a minor, they can take anything they want from you, as you do not "legally" own anything while a minor living under your parents house.

If you are of age, and still living with your parents, and you can prove you bought whatever it is you traded for the playstation, you might have some ground to stand on, but if you are still a minor, you're out of luck. If you are a minor, it's likely whatever you traded was also bought by your parents.

If you are a minor, then no, you don't have a case for theft by your parents.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X