Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• none payment of court fines

Early last year i was convicted for DWI and had lost my licence for 7 months and was fined approx $2000.

Everything was going fine and i was paying my court fines every month. And was due to get my licence back in Nov 2009. However i had to leave the USA and return to England for a family emergency. Needless to say i am now around 5 months behind on my court payments and there is no doubt a warrent for my arrest.

The problem i am having is there is no other way to pay my fines every month other than in person at the Trenton Municipal Court. And if i return to the USA and try to make a payment i will be arrested.

I would like to return to the USA as i had a nice job as a store manager and would like to get this problem resolved and put behind me.

Any advice would greatly be appreciated.

Re: none payment of court fines

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Early last year i was convicted for DWI and had lost my licence for 7 months and was fined approx $2000.

Everything was going fine and i was paying my court fines every month. And was due to get my licence back in Nov 2009. However i had to leave the USA and return to England for a family emergency. Needless to say i am now around 5 months behind on my court payments and there is no doubt a warrent for my arrest.

The problem i am having is there is no other way to pay my fines every month other than in person at the Trenton Municipal Court. And if i return to the USA and try to make a payment i will be arrested.

I would like to return to the USA as i had a nice job as a store manager and would like to get this problem resolved and put behind me.

Any advice would greatly be appreciated.
    I am sure the court would work with you because they would rather have there money than put you in jail and the tax payers pay for that, i learned that in my own way . Can you send money orders and if you can make sure you save the stubs for your records. also call the court and talk to them. I think you will find them more helpful than you think especially when you tell them you want to pay it. i dont think you have to be there in person to do that.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Wink ;) Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X