Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7 year old warrant... for what???

Well, my employment background check came back saying I have a warrant in Bexar County, TX for Driving a vehicle with a suspended drivers license... back in 1999, warrant issued early 2000.

Here's the deal, back in 1999, I was ticketed for speeding, no proof of insurance, and driving with a suspended license by a city police officer just outside of San Antonio, TX (Bexar County). I went to the municipal court and the judge dismissed everything after paying a few dismissal fees and court costs... which I did on the spot... and needless to say, but I had reinstated my license, got insurance, and brought the proof with me to the court.

Now, I called the county clerk who says that they issued the warrant and it is still at large. After asking a few questions, : She said that the county does not notify people of a warrant being issued, and that there was no way to prevent the warrant from being issued. How is this even remotely fair? You're not even given the chance to plead your case to the county or allowed to pay the fine previous to this warrant being issued?... even though the city court dismissed the charge?

If anyone has any advice on what to do here, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thank you,

AV

Re: 7 year old warrant... for what???

If need be you can demand to go in front of the judge and have him remove it and seal the record, due to the error.

If you have any continuing problems, email wld and get them involved...they'll resolve it.

Comment

Re: 7 year old warrant... for what???

I appreciate your input. I have a couple of questions about that though :

1) Do I go to the municipal judge and have him seal it (the one that dismissed/deferred all the tickets, or do I need to go to the county judge for this?

2) How much do you think it would cost for wld to take care of this?

Thank you so much for your help with this!!!

ACV

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X