Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Larceny Charge - What To Do?

I'm in need of help. I have been charged with Grand Larceny. The company that I used to work for (owned by my ex-wife and run by members of her family), closed September of 2005. This was the same time we seperated. The company took over $18,000 in deposits from homeowners to do work that obviously was never done, and the deposits were never returned. My (ex) wife's family was responsible for bankrupting the company, something that I thought they would do to protect HER (even though the company was a corporation, and most certainly was legit.) Almost a year later, I was arrested, and charged with Grand Lareny. The District Attorney's office states that since I was the person that signed the contracts with these people, and I personally accepted the actual deposit checks from them, I am being charged and being held responsible. The DA's office is looking for 5 years probabtion, a felony charge, and full restitution from me. Is this right? Can I be held responsible for this? I am being represented by Legal Aid (for obvious reasons), but it seems that they have no interest whatsoever in fighting for me, only do get me the "best deal." What can I do?

Re: Grand Larceny Charge - What To Do?

If you were simply an an employee and can show that that was your status, then they should not be able to proceed. Or at least you should prevail in court. You would normally not be responsible for the corporate debts etc.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X