Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm very scared. I have a public defender but...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm very scared. I have a public defender but...

Had my arraingment today and pleaded not guilty to felony conspiracy and misdameanor child abuse(emotional abuse, no physical or sexual). The charges are from my husbands son and he is being charge too. At first his son admitted to telling the detective all the discipline came from his father but now he is changing his story to protect his dad and is making me out to be the evil step-mother. I have 4 other kids...none taken away from us, and all came out okay after the investigation. I am following the reunification plan and doing everything I am suppose to. I know the maximum time is one year....If I am doing everything I am suppose and nothing bad was found with all the other kids what kind of time am I actually looking at? Is there anyway to avoid jail time? Is house arrest a possibility? Will my kids be able to stay in my home with their grandparents with out any problems, if I go to jail? I am really scared. I have a public defender but I am wondering if that was a wise choice? Please, please answer all my questions.....I am so scared and I am really looking for someone to protect me. I don't feel like my lawyer is doing that now.
    (Incase you are wondering........I am not a child abuser. My stepson has ADHD and Opposional Defiant Disorder........We had no clue how to handle him and things go out of hand. I really love my stepson and we are working so hard to put our family back together.)

re: I'm very scared. I have a public defender but...

Private counsel would be better. They can spend more time with you to develop the case. But the costs will be significant in a case like this.

Courts try not to jail parents for this if possible and would prefer training and counseling etc.--so push for those kinds of solutions.

Rachel Mattison

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X