Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• breaking and entering into my home

a man broke into my home this morning at 5 a.m. while my wife and i were home. he broke the glass out of the outside kitchen door and unlocked the door. when i realized what was happening,i told my wife to call 911 and stay in the bedroom and i got a baseball bat from the other bedroom and went to the front of the house to get him out of my house. when i came to the kitchen the suspect was coming into the house. i warned him to "get out of my house!" two times, but he continued to enter further. i then swung the bat and hit his arm. this did not phase him and he continued to come towards me. i swung and hit this subject a second time in the leg and told him to get out. he then ran out the kitchen door and around the back of the house and out to the street. i chased him down the street a little ways and at that time the police arrived. they placed him under arrest and took pictures of the damages to my home and made a report.

besides insurance coverage what can i do to get some kind of compensation for this crime committed against me? would it be worth taking to court?

re: breaking and entering into my home

When he is found guilty in court the judge will usually order that he pay restitution for all damages to you and your home.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X