USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bond signature (sign as a surety on a fines and cost bond)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bond signature (sign as a surety on a fines and cost bond)

First question....if you sign as a surety on a fines and cost bond...doesn't that mean that you will be contacted about the fine not being paid BEFORE an arrest warrant is issued on the other person?

re: bond signature (sign as a surety on a fines and cost bond)

They are not required to do so unless your contract says that explicitly, and normally it will not say that.

Comment

If that is so....then why have a person sign it? How would I go about finding out more information on it? I signed one for my son because he was only working part time. Then he was out of work. Instead of contacting me they issued a failure to pay warrant...which has cost me 2500$ and lead to his eviction from his home...

Comment

Did they notify him?

Comment

No one at all was notified. I asked the clerk about why I signed it and she told me it was for me to pay the fines if he did not. I then asked her why I was not notified about it and her answer was ''''it was just an oversight on my part.''' Her oversight has cost us a great deal. Also his arrest on failure to pay was in our local paper as pom II...the original charge...and has gotten him an eviction notice. That is not good since he has 2 small children.

Comment

If he was not notified of amounts and times he needed to pay the court will often undo these various actions and even cancel the warrant. But it would seem likely that he had some kind of notice of the amount due.

Comment

I have found out alot of things today about the whole situation. I went to court with my son on the original charges. pom II and pdp. His public defender talked with him but not me since he was of age. When he was arrested (and it is all on police video) they found a roach under the passanger seat of a used car they bought the night before (they were originally stopped for no tag) the PD told him the best thing to do was to plead quilty on the pdp and he would plead him down on the pom...which turned out the other way around. Now I find out that his file states he refused council and it was cigar that was found. I also heard the judge tell him he had 2 years to take the classes....that was not even in the file.

Comment

May be best to get the whole file and set up whatever compliance remains to be done, if any.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X