Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temporary insanity in Vons...

I made the biggest mistake of my life. I stold from a grocery store in the amount of $55. I was taken to the local police dept., booked, and cited. I am scared that since the amount is more than $50 I will have to spend time in jail. I was just laid off for the summer and I guess somewhere in my mind I became desperate and I stole. I am a single mom of a 7 year old and I can't loose him by going to jail.

Can someone give me some insight into this horrible nightmare.

I can't stop crying I am so scared

Re: Temporary insanity in Vons...

Its unlikely you will get any jail time but its hard to say since you did not name state. There are also other factors you left out that might suggest whether or not jail would be option. Again this is highly unlikely. Now losing child is even less unlikely but again how this impacts child depends on other factors. It is possible that Children's service might be thrust into your life which is no fun. Try the forum site below but be ready to give details listed before link.

State
    Was child with you during theft
    Was child's body, bag, stroller etc used to conceal item(s)
    Did you run or resist?
    Did you have any tools like pliers etc?

Shoplifting After Your Caught :: Index

Comment

State -- CALIFORNIA
      Was child with you during theft --NO
      Was child's body, bag, stroller etc used to conceal item(s) --NO
      Did you run or resist? --NO
      Did you have any tools like pliers etc? --NO

This is my first theft offense and I'm in the process of enrolling in the Offenders Solutions Theft/Shoplifting Class online. The LP guys said that I fully cooperated and being over the amount by $5 is why they had to call the local police to take to me the station. I spent about 5 hours in the holding cell, so I'm praying that this will be timed serve if the judge imposes jail time. Oh God just writing this is making me feel so ashamed and feeling so stupid. My plan is to write a letter to the store I stole from and the courts ahead of time to let them know how remorseful I am and that I learned from this BIGTIME!!! I take full responsibility and will pay any and all fines and will perform any and all community service if given, but no jail!!! Should I hire a lawyer beforehand??

Comment

No do not write any letter until after court ruling. Yes seek a Lawyer and visit website I gave you there are experts there that can help you understand whats going ot happen and what options you have

Comment

Really. no letter?? I should write after the ruling to the people involved??
          I did speak to an attorney already and he stated that if I hire him he will contact the store where I stole the items and work w/ them & the case can even be dismisse being it's my first offense and the amount was $55 ... I pray!!! He wants to charge $3500, does this seem reasonable?? I know that this whole ordeal is going to cost me financially and I'm prepared for it. My fear is getting even a day in county. My son has his first day of school on my courtdate Also, if the lawyer is successful and is able to get the case dismissed, would I still have to appear in court that is on the ticket??

Comment

The experts at site I gave will know for sure but fee does seem high from what I have read

Comment

What was the site again??

Comment

Shoplifting After Your Caught :: Index

Oh and by the way you don't want to write a letter untila fter court ruling because it can be used as confession. Your Lawyer will explain

Comment

Regarding the letter, great advice cause my intitial instinct is to show my remorse and lessons learned. Good to know though ... thank you.

I will access the Shoplifting Index.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Frown :( Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

Working...
                  X