Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judge sent my son to a non secure facility for failing a drug test

My son is involved in juvenille treatment court. Last Thursday the Judge sent him to a non secure facility for failing a drug test. He ran away from the home on Friday morning. When I spoke to the woman who runs the treatment court today, she said they will be issuing a warrent for his arrest tomorrow morning. My question is: Will this be a new charge or will it just be a violation of probation? If so, if he turned himself in before the warrant is put into place would it be better or would he just be setting himself up. He was only 15 when he was served an appearance ticket which then led to him joining up with the treatment court. He is now 16, he will be 17 next week. Will his age make any difference on what the charge is on the the warrant. Can they charge him as an adult for running from the home. I don't know if I should make him turn himself in tomorrow before they issue the warrant or hold off until our lawyer gets back to us? By the way we live in the state of NY.

If lawyers are involved already on your matter it would be preferable to speak with them first, but normally it would be best to encourage your son to return and to stay in strict compliance with the court order. If he gets back soon, the entire event may be dismissed.

Beth Barton

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X