Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cops took my bong

The cops stopped me and took my hi-tech percolator delux super bong that was in the back seat.
    I got no ticket or arrest because I wasn't doing much wrong. 7 over the limit in a 40 mph zone.

Is that legal to take the bong?
    Should I sue them to get it back?
    They would not answer on what grounds they were taking it but said they can???

Re: Cops took my bong

I wish to inform you that speeding ticket is not related to your bong. If you had violated speed limit then you may be issued a ticket. If your bong was confiscated by police then you may take action for release of your bong. You may first contact police in order to know reason of confiscation of your bong. You may then seek court order regarding release of your bong.

AFF

Comment

Originally posted by AFFA View Post
      I wish to inform you that speeding ticket is not related to your bong.
      Try to pay attention - there is no ticket involved at all.

Comment

Originally posted by KAN DO View Post
        T
        Should I sue them to get it back?
        Knock yourself out.

It helps to say what STATE this happened in.

Comment

Glass bong is drug paraphernalia under federal law, which makes it illegal. If you’ve ever visited a tobacco shop, you may have seen glass bongs for sales under the name “water pipes,” accompanied by a sign stating that the items are for tobacco use only. There’s an important reason that retailers do this. An item that you can use to consume illegal drugs is considered drug paraphernalia, as marijuana is still illegal under federal law, regardless of what individual states have chosen to do. Therefore, an item that allows for the consumption of marijuana, such as a glass bong, would fit into the drug paraphernalia category. By calling a glass bong a water pipe and stating that it’s only for tobacco use, shops are able to sell these products without running afoul of the law. Now, if a police officer wanted to arrest you over your bong and you claimed it was a water pipe that you only use to smoke tobacco, you may or may not be successful. It would depend on whether the officer believed you. If you were arrested and your case went to court, a key factor would be if there was any marijuana residue found in the pipe, which means you would need to keep your pipe clean to use this defense. State Laws Differ on Drug Paraphernalia Each state sets its own drug paraphernalia laws. In some states, you would need to be selling a glass bong or transporting it over state lines to run afoul of the law. In others, possession of drug paraphernalia is illegal, which means you could be arrested just for carrying that glass bong around.

Comment

Stop feeding the troll

Comment

I cannot agree with you Lexus. They cannot be illegal, as soon as they are being sold in stores, and you actually receive a tax voucher for it, so no, it cannot be illegal, that is a stupid allegation. As soon as they do not find marijuana or some other drugs in it, they do not have any right to confiscate it, and it is not an illegal thing! They are being sold in legal stores, and imported by some great companies, how could you say the "water pipes" are illegal?! That is why they are being sold even on websites like https://pipesarsenal.com/rick-and-morty-waterpipe-4-12 and many others.

Comment

If the bong had any residue, and I am fairly sure it did, then there you go, that's reason enough in many jurisdictions.

No matter how fancy your hi-tech bong may be.

Comment

That crazy to me--I would sue them for theft.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
                    If the bong had any residue, and I am fairly sure it did, then there you go, that's reason enough in many jurisdictions.

No matter how fancy your hi-tech bong may be.
                    Yeah that's how they nailed me, or tried to anyway. They still have to prove it was my use, I think.

Comment

Are you not kind of inviting some problem when you have a bong sitting in the car with the cops looking straight at it? What do you think they're going to do?

Comment

I hate when they do that! Party poopers!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                        x

Do birds chirp or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X