Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visiting son in jail after arrest.

Do I have an absolute right to visit my 19 yr old son on any day when he is in jail.

He was arrested three days ago and they keep stalling me, I still have not seen him?

Texas Mom

Re: Visiting son in jail after arrest.

No, you have no right to visit a prisoner in a jail. If he was arrested only three days ago it sounds like he's being held pending an arraignment or some other court appearance. He has not been sentenced and is likely in a local or maybe a county jail.

You'll see him when he gets out. He's an adult and can take care of himself.

Comment

Originally posted by nemo4 View Post
      Do I have an absolute right to visit my 19 yr old son on any day when he is in jail.

He was arrested three days ago and they keep stalling me, I still have not seen him?

Texas Mom
      He should have been able to call somebody? Who did he call?
      Have your (or a) lawyer or the public defender call over and see when you can talk to your son.
      They will help you.
      Many times it's just bureaucracy in TX, not any malicious plot.

Comment

Yup, sometimes bureaucracy gets in the way. Insist on your rights though.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

Working...
        X