Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking help, must represent myself for minor possession charges

Preliminary court upcoming, must represent myself. 23 years old, male. Was pulled over for expired stickers and found with pot in the car. Charged for expired inspection and emissions, both of which have since been taken care of. Charged with 35 780-113A31 and 35 780-113A32 prohibited acts M. Around 3 grams of pot and a partially smoked pipe. Was not charged for being under the influence and have since cleaned out my system. Have been charged for pot in past, reduced to disorderly conduct as "creating hazardous situation" and expunged. Was recommended to say pot was not mine and I don't smoke. Have never had to defend myself in such a situation and wondering how I should handle the situation for best possible outcome.

I figure ideally I could get away with a fine and community service, buy I work two jobs to support myself and don't have an abundance of time for community service and am constantly exhausted as is. Court date is this Thursday any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Seeking help, must represent myself for minor possession charges

I wish to inform you that you may discuss with prosecution and enter plea bargaining. Alternatively you may contest the case. If judge orders you community service then you will have to undergo such a thing. You may request court for community service at a time when you are free or may take leave from one job. If you fail to follow court order of community service then you may be imprisoned by court. Lastly you may argue that pot does not belong to you and you do not smoke but such things may be argued by prosecution that your medical will show whether you smoke or not and you may be asked to justify presence of pot.

AFF

Comment

Originally posted by AFFA View Post
      I wish to inform you that you may discuss with prosecution and enter plea bargaining. Alternatively you may contest the case. If judge orders you community service then you will have to undergo such a thing. You may request court for community service at a time when you are free or may take leave from one job. If you fail to follow court order of community service then you may be imprisoned by court. Lastly you may argue that pot does not belong to you and you do not smoke but such things may be argued by prosecution that your medical will show whether you smoke or not and you may be asked to justify presence of pot.

AFF
      What is plea bargaining? And would contesting the case simply be pleading not guilty and saying the pot wasn't mine? Sorry, I've just never really been in this Lind of situation before, I don't know what to expect.

Comment

Originally posted by KB42 View Post
        Preliminary court upcoming, must represent myself. 23 years old, male. Was pulled over for expired stickers and found with pot in the car. Charged for expired inspection and emissions, both of which have since been taken care of. Charged with 35 780-113A31 and 35 780-113A32 prohibited acts M. Around 3 grams of pot and a partially smoked pipe. Was not charged for being under the influence and have since cleaned out my system. Have been charged for pot in past, reduced to disorderly conduct as "creating hazardous situation" and expunged. Was recommended to say pot was not mine and I don't smoke. Have never had to defend myself in such a situation and wondering how I should handle the situation for best possible outcome.

I figure ideally I could get away with a fine and community service, buy I work two jobs to support myself and don't have an abundance of time for community service and am constantly exhausted as is. Court date is this Thursday any help would be greatly appreciated.
        Get a lawyer. If you cannot afford one, you can be represented by the Public Defender.

Comment

I can't afford one and I make too much for a public defender.

Comment

What will happen depends on several factors: the amount found, your prior arrest and conviction record etc. You need to get this off your record. At your age a criminal record can haunt you for the rest of your life. Therefore, hire an attorney to defend you.

Comment

I can't hire an attorney which is why I'm here looking for advice on how to approach this when I'm in front of the magistrate.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
              x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X