Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mother filed a restraining order stating that I threatened shooting her with my gun

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother filed a restraining order stating that I threatened shooting her with my gun

NY
    My My mother filed a restrain order stating that I threatened shooting her with my gun several times and wanted to kill her along with many other inconsistent and false events. She was mad at me for completely unrelated reasons and wanted revenge. Also, mental illness is a big part of her problem but she reguses to get evaluated by psychiatrist.

What do I do now? Is that order public record?

I wish to inform you that you may seek a court order removing restraining order against you and also may seek action against your mother for making false statement in court or with law enforcement authorities. Making false statement in court or with law enforcement authorities is an offence. If your mother cannot think like a reasonable person then you may have order from court to act as guardian of your mother keeping in view her mental health and then you may take her to psychiatrist for treatment.

AFF

Comment

Originally posted by Firthmore View Post
      Is that order public record?
      Yes.

How old are you?

Do you live with her?

Didn't you have the opportunity for a hearing?

Comment

Maybe you should get rid of the guns and mom won't be so nervous.

Comment

Originally posted by Firthmore View Post
          NY
          My My mother filed a restrain order stating that I threatened shooting her with my gun several times and wanted to kill her along with many other inconsistent and false events. She was mad at me for completely unrelated reasons and wanted revenge. Also, mental illness is a big part of her problem but she refuses to get evaluated by psychiatrist.

What do I do now? Is that order public record?

I mean you can get a court order if the illness is putting her or others in danger.
          And it's not hard to do.
          If that is necessary.
          Of course be careful, she could try to do the same...

Comment

If you are falsely accused of domestic violence, consult with a family law attorney experienced in defending people against false restraining orders.

You also should:

Gather any physical evidence relating to any incidents or events the petition refers to, such as clothing, photos, videos, and objects.

Assemble any documents or records that could relate to the case, such as letters, emails, phone and GPS records, computer records, and records that might show where you were at the time of an incident, and

Make a list of possible witnesses—include every person you think has information about the incident, the accusations or the petitioner—and obtain the witnesses’ contact information.

An Order of Protection issued in Family Court will not show up on a criminal background check, since cases in Family Court are not criminal cases. However, an Order of Protection issued in connection with a criminal case is a public record, and can be discovered in a criminal background check.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
              Maybe you should get rid of the guns and mom won't be so nervous.
              I kinda agree with that statement. I would be nervous too if my estranged child was armed and loaded.

Comment

Originally posted by AFFA View Post
                I wish to inform you that you may seek a court order removing restraining order against you and also may seek action against your mother for making false statement in court or with law enforcement authorities. Making false statement in court or with law enforcement authorities is an offence. If your mother cannot think like a reasonable person then you may have order from court to act as guardian of your mother keeping in view her mental health and then you may take her to psychiatrist for treatment.

AFF
                Well that's what we are now finally doing. After years of this nonsense.
                It's not an easy process.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)