Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AZ hunting while on probation... Was I under duress?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AZ hunting while on probation... Was I under duress?

A game warden called and asked me to meet with him about a hunt I'd been on recently, I asked what for n he advised me its in my best interest. A little skeptical I set up a meeting at my office he informed me the day of that he was running late so I agreed to wait after my working hours, two game officers met me around 6:30pm and they asked me about my hunt. (Nervous because I was on probation with an undesignated felony until I complete drug and alc. Classes and provided the court with completion certificates. They were also very muscular men in uniform. And It was only the three of us.) So I explained my hunt to the officers, after I was done one of the officers mentioned they know about my probation and to not worry they were not going to inform my p.o. The officer also said they new the details of my hunt already and that I should take a moment to reflect. I paused partly because I was confused and because I truly had gone over the hunt in my head at least two or three times. After explaining to the officers that I had not missed or overlooked anything one officer told me that I had killed the animal in the wrong unit. I described to him where I was and the animals location moments before I shot him, I explained the animal ran away fast and crossed a dirt road went under a fence and a few hundred yards later fell down. One officer became a little irritable and then told me that I was basically lying. After a few minutes of going back and forth I asked that they tell me what it was I'd done at. He then said that I shot the animal on the opposite side of the road and that it was not my hunt unit. I disagreed. He then told me they had video taken of me with some very high dollar optics. It was at this Pointe that I just said yes to what ever they wanted me to. I wrote down on an incident report word for word out of one of the game n fish officer’s mouth which described the officer’s acquisitions. I was intimidated n scared I would go to jail for weapons charge on probation. Also the officer implying they had video of me committing the crime was a lie because I didn’t do what they were implying. My girlfriend was a witness that can verify my story. Was I under duress?

re: AZ hunting while on probation... Was I under duress?

I wish to inform you that the provisions of A.R.S. 17-309 will have jurisdiction in this matter. A person who violates or fails to comply with a lawful order or rule of the commission, is guilty of a class 2
    misdemeanor. A person who knowingly takes any big game during a closed season or who knowingly possesses, transports or buys any big game which was unlawfully taken during a closed season is guilty of a class 1 misdemeanor. Certain offenses are covered under class 6 felony. If taken to court you may inform the Judge of the actual circumstances in this matter. Your girlfriend may also give evidence in the court in your favor. The burden of proof is on the other party to prove te allegations made by them against you. The court will consider all the facts and decide the matter.

AFF

Comment

Re: AZ hunting while on probation... Was I under duress?

What you are is screwed. You will now likely go down for the crime and the violation of parole. Hire a lawyer.
      Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryry View Post
        A game warden called and asked me to meet with him about a hunt I'd been on recently, I asked what for n he advised me its in my best interest. A little skeptical I set up a meeting at my office he informed me the day of that he was running late so I agreed to wait after my working hours, two game officers met me around 6:30pm and they asked me about my hunt. (Nervous because I was on probation with an undesignated felony until I complete drug and alc. Classes and provided the court with completion certificates. They were also very muscular men in uniform. And It was only the three of us.) So I explained my hunt to the officers, after I was done one of the officers mentioned they know about my probation and to not worry they were not going to inform my p.o. The officer also said they new the details of my hunt already and that I should take a moment to reflect. I paused partly because I was confused and because I truly had gone over the hunt in my head at least two or three times. After explaining to the officers that I had not missed or overlooked anything one officer told me that I had killed the animal in the wrong unit. I described to him where I was and the animals location moments before I shot him, I explained the animal ran away fast and crossed a dirt road went under a fence and a few hundred yards later fell down. One officer became a little irritable and then told me that I was basically lying. After a few minutes of going back and forth I asked that they tell me what it was I'd done at. He then said that I shot the animal on the opposite side of the road and that it was not my hunt unit. I disagreed. He then told me they had video taken of me with some very high dollar optics. It was at this Pointe that I just said yes to what ever they wanted me to. I wrote down on an incident report word for word out of one of the game n fish officer’s mouth which described the officer’s acquisitions. I was intimidated n scared I would go to jail for weapons charge on probation. Also the officer implying they had video of me committing the crime was a lie because I didn’t do what they were implying. My girlfriend was a witness that can verify my story. Was I under duress?
        Duress? No. Not even close.

You were intimidated by aggressive questioning. It's the law enforcement officer's job to get the truth. You weren't threatened in any way, except with whatever penalty the law allows for your offense. Your fear of having to go back to jail is the only thing that affected your responses.
        "If it ain't in writing, it never happened."
        "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
        "You can never make the same mistake twice, because the second time you make it, it's not a mistake, but a CHOICE."

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X