Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harrassed and Bullied

A friend got a loan from a friend of his in the amount of $10,000. Later the man who gave him the loan is hospitalized and while so the man and woman who is to inherit when he passes went through his check book and saw this check listed. The woman went to the sheriff who is her son. Sheriff tells my friend he has a week to pay back this money. He goes to my friends parents and tries to get them to pay him the money. In the mean time the man who loaned the money gets out the hospital. The sheriff goes to talk to him and tells him my friend is going to pay money back. My friend post dates a check to the man who loaned him this money...the man tears it up. The sheriff tells my friend to write another check so he did. Now the man who gave the loan has a check and the sheriff is demanding my friend pay by this friday.. Sheriff has already put my friend in jail for 24 hours a few weeks back...no reason other than he said he was investigating a crime. The man who loaned the money is older and the sheriff has ordered my friend not to talk to this man. The man called my friend last night and told him the sheriff wanted the money paid back but he could pay as he was able too. My friend told him he would have him 2500 dollars friday. The man called the sheriff and told him this. The sheriff called my friend and told him he'd already warned him not to talk or see this man. My friend told him the man had called him. My friend will go to jail again fri according to the sheriff is he doesn't pay this money back in full. They are bullying this man. He did not even know the sheriff had put my friend in jail a few weeks ago. My friend is afraid if he hires a lawyer the sheriff will retaliate against his family.

Re: Harrassed and Bullied

I wish to inform you that your friend can file a complaint against sheriff with FBI. Your friend can narrate as to how sheriff has been harassing him and further use of force for payment of amount is not authorized and thus the act of sheriff can be complained with FBI. Your friend can provide all the evidence which he is having to FBI. Further a complaint can be filled with Internal Affairs Division of Police Department.

AFF

Comment

It sounds like your "friend" is engaging in elder abuse and failure to pay the money back timely, will result in criminal charges.
      Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

No, friend is not the one abusing the elderly. This man is someone who has always tried to give my friend things...never took them. He wanted to help him out when he started his new business. It is the sheriff his mother and her husband who are scaring the elderly man. The elderly man called my friend yesterday worried about him because of what is going on. Even if elderly abuse was a fact...which it is not...against my friend there is still a process the courts would go through. A sheriff cannot just put whomever he wants in jail whenever he wants.

Comment

We are not there to judge the mans mental capacity. The Sheriff, his mother and her husband are. That is how the process goes. One is charged, then it proceeds to court, unless it is resolved peacefully.
          Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

The man is fine mentally. He pays his own bills. No one helps him go buy groceries. He is able to do all this on his own. He was po'd that this man and woman went through his personal things without his permission. The sheriff, the sheriffs mother and her husband of course want to act like he can't make his own decisions because they are to benefit. They're ticked off that there may not be as much to get when the man dies. They don't even check on this man to see if he is okay. Of course we can't judge whether this man is capable of making decisions on his own but neither are the sheriffs mother or her husband. They don't want him to make decisions of giving his money away. When he tells the sheriff he doesn't want to do something and the sheriff basically tells him how its going to be is wrong. Until a judge makes the decision you are not capable of making your own decisions you have the right to do what you want. So if they are so worried that he is not capable of making his own decisions why have they not tried to take it to court and have a judge make that decision instead of handling it in a personal way. They don't want to do that because they know there is no judge on this earth who would take away this mans right to make his own decisions. My friend has never been charged. The sheriff just put him in jail and is threatening to do so again...with no charges filed again. He will do it because he can.

Comment

Originally posted by sueann View Post
              A friend got a loan from a friend of his in the amount of $10,000. Later the man who gave him the loan is hospitalized and while so the man and woman who is to inherit when he passes went through his check book and saw this check listed. The woman went to the sheriff who is her son. Sheriff tells my friend he has a week to pay back this money. He goes to my friends parents and tries to get them to pay him the money. In the mean time the man who loaned the money gets out the hospital. The sheriff goes to talk to him and tells him my friend is going to pay money back. My friend post dates a check to the man who loaned him this money...the man tears it up. The sheriff tells my friend to write another check so he did. Now the man who gave the loan has a check and the sheriff is demanding my friend pay by this friday.. Sheriff has already put my friend in jail for 24 hours a few weeks back...no reason other than he said he was investigating a crime. The man who loaned the money is older and the sheriff has ordered my friend not to talk to this man. The man called my friend last night and told him the sheriff wanted the money paid back but he could pay as he was able too. My friend told him he would have him 2500 dollars friday. The man called the sheriff and told him this. The sheriff called my friend and told him he'd already warned him not to talk or see this man. My friend told him the man had called him. My friend will go to jail again fri according to the sheriff is he doesn't pay this money back in full. They are bullying this man. He did not even know the sheriff had put my friend in jail a few weeks ago. My friend is afraid if he hires a lawyer the sheriff will retaliate against his family.

The first person to contact is the State Attorney General for they have a unit which investigates misconduct by county officials.

There are so many things wrong with this situation, it is difficult to know where to start. But the State AG will.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by sueann View Post
                  Sheriff has already put my friend in jail for 24 hours a few weeks back...no reason other than he said he was investigating a crime.
                  There's is NO such thing in the United States as holding a person in jail simply to investigate a crime. PROBABLE CAUSE is needed. If that was not present, a lawsuit is in order.

My friend will go to jail again fri according to the sheriff is he doesn't pay this money back in full.
                  Again, PC is needed, I think the Sheriff lacks it, he is playing a constitutional dangerous game.

If arrested and released as before, even if not, consult an attorney for the 1st time it happened.

Comment

Thank you too. I didn't think that could be done.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                      Thank you too. I didn't think that could be done.
                      From Dunaway v. New York 442 US 200;

Held:
                      1. The Rochester police violated the Fourth and Fourteenth Amendments when, without probable cause to arrest, they seized petitioner and transported him to the police station for interrogation. Pp. 442 U. S. 206-216.

(a) Petitioner was "seized" in the Fourth Amendment sense when he was taken involuntarily to the police station, and the State concedes that the police lacked probable cause to arrest him before his incriminating statement during interrogation. P. 442 U. S. 207.

Dunaway closed the contitutional door left open in Morales (internal cite). Again, police can NOT arrest on "suspicion", PC is needed. True, although the phraseology used is sometimes "he was arrested for suspicion of burglary" it is just that phraseology, there is no such thing as investigative detention absent PC.

Arguendo, lets say he was taken in with PC, no doubt without a warrant, the US SC has stated a PC hearing/arraignment must take place no more han 48 hours from arrest. In that time, they can be charged or released, but PC is still needed to detain.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X