Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DUI 7 years ago... I am still being treated as a criminal

when i was 17 i got a dui with an alcohol level over the legal limit, my g1 was suspended for a year. i didnt have any money to buy a car anyways so i never bothered reinstating it and it has since expired as i am now 24. now that i have kids and a career i would like to be driving, but to do so i need to complete the "back on track" remedial program and have an interlock system installed in my vehicle for a year. is there anything i can do about this? it seems insane to me that seven years later with no other convictions/trouble with the law of any kind, i am still being treated as a criminal when it comes to getting my license. any advice is appreciated.

re: DUI 7 years ago... I am still being treated as a criminal

What would you like us to say? The law is the law. It is a process you must follow.
    Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

re: DUI 7 years ago... I am still being treated as a criminal

Originally posted by kclarke19x View Post
      when i was 17 i got a dui with an alcohol level over the legal limit, my g1 was suspended for a year. i didnt have any money to buy a car anyways so i never bothered reinstating it and it has since expired as i am now 24. now that i have kids and a career i would like to be driving, but to do so i need to complete the "back on track" remedial program and have an interlock system installed in my vehicle for a year. is there anything i can do about this? it seems insane to me that seven years later with no other convictions/trouble with the law of any kind, i am still being treated as a criminal when it comes to getting my license. any advice is appreciated.
      You're not being punished after the fact. You are being required to fulfill an obligation you just blew off when you originally got your conviction.

You became a criminal by breaking the law. The fact that it's taken you 7 years to pay your dues is no one else's fault but your own.
      "If it ain't in writing, it never happened."
      "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
      "You can never make the same mistake twice, because the second time you make it, it's not a mistake, but a CHOICE."

Comment

Re: DUI 7 years ago... I am still being treated as a criminal

Your license will not be reinstated until your DUI sentence is satisfied, so do follow the rules.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X