The United States Arbitration Corporation (USAC)

USAC Banner 300x250

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Search of my vehicle in Minnesota

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search of my vehicle in Minnesota

I am in MN. I had my car borrowed and that person fled in my vehicle and the car was impounded i did not feel confortable consenting to a search of my car from past burns from MPD. They have not caught that person and stated others were detained but i cooperated and was unable to identify anyone. How long do the investigators have to obtain a search warrant for my vehicle and how long can they hold my vehicle if i have given all knowlegable info and am not a suspect? It has almost been 2 weeks. Do i have an rights on this?!

re: Search of my vehicle in Minnesota

They can hold it and investigate for a good deal of time. It helps to be persistent and if need be file a complaint with the chief of the dept asking for it to be returned and explaining why you have no involvement etc. Usually they will let it be returned soon afterward...but stay persistent.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X