Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caught in middle of domestic assault

Hello I have been charged for assault in the province of Ontario in Canada. A brief summation of events follows. My sister and I were walking with her friend and her friends baby as my sister and her friend were going to visit a third party in the downtown area of my small city and I was en route to drop off some DVDs and CDs that I had borrowed from a friend. While walking my sisters friend went to someones house that I had never met to look for her (ex-?)boyfriend, she left me and my sister with her baby on the sidewalk, after about 5 minutes I started to hear screaming, I went to the residence my sisters friend was at to see what was happening and attempt to diffuse the situation(my sisters friend and her friends boyfriend have a propensity to get in physical altercations), I entered the residence and stood between them the boyfriend tried breaking the dvds and cds I had then ran away to call the police, I waited outside the residence for approx. 20 mins no police showed up so I left. Approx. 3mos latter I was picked up for a warrant and charged with assault. The Crown is asking for jail time plus one year probation and a DNA sample if convicted. In the polices officers notes it said I fled the scene. there are 3 statements from witnesses 1 statement is from the plaintiff who says i grabbed him by the head brought him to the ground and punched him in the head, then he fled to call police, in statement 2 a witness says i beat up the plaintiff but that they couldn't really see because there was a fridge blocking their view, the 3rd statement is from a social worker who says that the plaintiff and my co-accused have been involved in numerous domestic incidents. It seems that my charge is also a domestic assault charge.

Re: Caught in middle of domestic assault

We would think if you explain it just as you have done here that the Crown will drop the charges, and perhaps charge others. Get legal counsel involved to help argue your facts.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X