Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

possession question (Columbia, Missouri)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• possession question (Columbia, Missouri)

A few weeks back I was pulled over for my tinted windows AT NIGHT in Columbia, Missouri, which is where i live. The police officer asked me to step out the car while he tested my tints. He sat in the drivers seat and opened my ash trey without my consent. He found marijuana ash and a very tiny roach. He arrested me but i was released an hour later without bail money. I was also issued a citation. My question is what should i expect? I am a freshmen at the University of Missouri and have never been in any kind of trouble that has to do with drugs or alcohol. I've only gotten a few speeding tickets. Will I lose my FAFSA aid money? Should I get a lawyer? Did the officer have the right to sit in my car or even pull me over for my tinted windows at night for that matter? Someone please tell me what to do.

Re: possession question (Columbia, Missouri)

Make sure you get legal counsel (or at least a committed public defender) to try to keep this off your record eventually--jail time is not likely if your record is clear now. But having that arrest and/or a conviction on your record could make job-hunting etc. more difficult. Often this could be negotiated down to some kind of court supervision or even be dismissed etc.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X