The United States Arbitration Corporation (USAC)

USAC Banner 300x250

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad Check... Its only 146.00 dollars

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Check... Its only 146.00 dollars

Hello............I wrote a check to an Antique mall and after I wrote the check I never realized it was from my old account and my wife and I had switched banks and recieved new checks. I was never contacted that I had written a bad check until a month ago I recieved a certified letter stating that I was being prosecuted for $146.00 for attempting to defraud this Antique mall knowing that it would not go through. I have NO criminal record at all and never have been convicted of ANYTHING in my life. That being said, my mother has since then been very ill out of state and i have been tending to her not being able to leave her side. I asked for a continuance and they gave it to me and now my mother is worse and I am not leaving her side. I cannot make the court date and I asked them if I could pay the fees and or whatever I need to pay to make this right and they told me that I had to be at court to pay the fine. I am very upset about this and its bothering me because I never intended for any of this to happen purposly. What do I do? Its only $146.00 dollars for crying out loud and it has me so scared and upset I cannot function. Help please!

re: Bad Check... Its only 146.00 dollars

Have counsel contact the prosecutor and explain that this was all an accident and you are happy to pay it and any fines--they may drop the whole issue.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X