Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IRS help: What is the wages requirement for having to file?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IRS help: What is the wages requirement for having to file?

For tax year 1999, I did not file a tax return. I did have multiple jobs, but can only find 3 of the 4 w-2's. On the ones that I can find, my income was not even over $1000. What is the wages requirement for actually having to file? I did have taxes taken out on the amount that I did make and I am sure that on the 4th job I had taxes taken out as well. I do not think that I would end up owing any money during that year and have not received (to my knowledge) any notices from the IRS about any taxes that I may/may not owe or about not filing a return that year. What should I do about this? I am scared sick that if I call the IRS or open any type of inquiry that I will be penalized. I have also not had any type of lein placed on my credit record or anything like that. I do have a bank acct. and no money has been garnished from it, etc. I know that logically I should contact the IRS, but what if my income was not enough to have to file that year or what if I didn't owe any money to the IRS, but was entitled to a refund that year? I couldn't collect the refund because the time has expired to be able to. What should I do?

re: IRS help: What is the wages requirement for having to file?

See: HR Block Tax Advisor link:

Get dependable tax advice from an H&R Block tax professional.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X