No announcement yet.

Can I stop garnishment on my Utah state tax refund?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Can I stop garnishment on my Utah state tax refund?

    My wife filed for BK 8 years ago with her now ex-husband and re-affirmed a $3000 debt. He took the furniture. On my 2008 tax return a judgment allowed for a garnishment of the full $3000. Last year they got all of my $1000 Utah state return because the ex can't be found. My wife has zero income thus the $ came from me.

    How can I stop this?
    As a temporary stay can we claim "married filing separate" to stop them from getting my $?
    What are our options now and in the future?
    Can I get any of my $ back?
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.