X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand names question?

Hello there!

I am starting my own online store wich i will be selling wooden keyrings that i make.(i am burning the wood and customize any sketch i want) My question is, is it okay to make wooden keyrings and sell them online with brands names like Game of thrones, fortnite, barcelona, jordan etc.?

Re: Brand names question?

I wish to inform you that you may sell your key chain to your customers. In this if you use a name in which any other party is having a trademark then you may be liable if your key chain may cause may cause confusion in the mind of buyer as to source of production that key chain is being supplied by brand whose name is on key chain. In absence of confusion regarding source of key chain you may customize your wooden key chains.

AFF

Comment

Originally posted by Saman3 View Post
      Hello there!

I am starting my own online store wich i will be selling wooden keyrings that i make.(i am burning the wood and customize any sketch i want) My question is, is it okay to make wooden keyrings and sell them online with brands names like Game of thrones, fortnite, barcelona, jordan etc.?
      No. It's not OK. It's trademark infringement. You'll be sued back into the stone age.

If you want to use those names, contact the companies and buy a merchandising license if they will sell you one.

Comment

Titles are not eligible for copyright protection. However, movie titles can be used as a trademark for any type of product or service, and two people cannot use the same trademark for competing businesses or products in the same jurisdiction. For example, the movie title Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone is a trademark currently registered by Warner Bros. Entertainment for “clothing for men, women and children - namely, shirts, t-shirts, [ sweatshirts, jogging suits, trousers, pants, shorts, tank tops, rainwear, cloth baby bibs, skirts, blouses, dresses, suspenders, sweaters, jackets, coats, raincoats, snow suits, ties, robes, hats, caps, sunvisors, belts, scarves, sleepwear, pajamas, lingerie, underwear, boots, shoes, sneakers, sandals, booties, slipper socks, swimwear and masquerade and Halloween costumes and masks sold in connection therewith.” It would be trademark infringement to sell clothing using Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone as their business or product name without Warner Bros.’ permission.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X