Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Legality of starting a C Corp while on welfare.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legality of starting a C Corp while on welfare.

I am on disability and welfare and the PA laws are written so there is no way out. Medicare Disability allows for gradual re-entry into the work place, but the monthly cost of medicines prevents a one-step jump from Welfare to working. I wanted to set up a C Corp in PA or DE and earn no money, so I would not be violating the income restrictions of Welfare. I would turn the shares over to someone until I left Welfare, so i would not be holding any assets (which would probably violate Welfare rules). I would be doing this to slowly build up a business so I can eventually get off welfare and disability. I, in no way, am intending to scam welfare. I would be willing to put aside a certain % to be given to welfare anonymously after I am off welfare. I want to know if this is legal or if there is a legal way to do it. This is a very straight-forward request with absolutely no intent to cheat or scam anyone. The corporation would pay taxes and collect sales taxes. I would be VERY grateful if anyone can help me out. I do not want to do anything illegal, but my family can not live on the amount that welfare provides. I need help. Thank you.

Re: Legality of starting a C Corp while on welfare.

That normally does not work if you still effectively control the shares. But you could possibly set it up so that you contract to buy back the shares at x price if the company becomes successful and makes a certain amount of money per month, week etc. In the meantime you would just help to get it going, etc

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X