Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I have to report a foreign bank account with little cash?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I have to report a foreign bank account with little cash?

As a US citizen, do I have to report a bank account (to the US gov or IRS or whatever) that I have in London if it only has 800 dollars and has never had more then 2000 at any one time?

Thx!

Re: Do I have to report a foreign bank account with little cash?

I wish to inform you that any U.S. citizen with foreign bank accounts totaling more than $10,000 must declare them to the IRS and the U.S. Treasury, both on income tax returns and on FinCEN Form 114. Further, you may contact an attorney and seek guidance.

AFF

Comment

Re: Do I have to report a foreign bank account with little cash?

Originally posted by AFFA View Post
      I wish to inform you that any U.S. citizen with foreign bank accounts totaling more than $10,000 must declare them to the IRS and the U.S. Treasury, both on income tax returns and on FinCEN Form 114. Further, you may contact an attorney and seek guidance.

AFF

Excellent thank you!!!
      I will confirm that and stop worrying about having to report one small account.
      I am certainly not over 10,000 and I have only one account.

I tried calling the IRS but was on hold for over an hour, anyway thanks again!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X