Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am a defaulter of Credit Card in UAE - Can I travel via any other GCC?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I am a defaulter of Credit Card in UAE - Can I travel via any other GCC?

    I became a defaulter as I have lost my job in 2009 in Dubai due to recession. I had around 4 Credit Cards and 2 personal loan in UAE at that time which was due. Currently I am working in India and got a change to travel to UK for a training for one month. As a normal procedure I think UAE banks might have banned me. If so, can I travel via any other GCC countries (transit) to UK. My company is giving a ticket in Qatar Airways as Mumbai - Doha - London. Will I have any problem if I transit in Doha airport (may be 3 to 4 Hours) because of my loan and credit card default in UAE?

  • #2
    re: I am a defaulter of Credit Card in UAE - Can I travel via any other GCC?

    I wish to inform you that if there is a check dishonor then there can be a warrant for arrest issued by UAE against you. In this regard if there is a warrant then any member of GCC can arrest you and deport to UAE. Thus if you enter Doha and there authorities comes to know about you then you can be arrested.

    AFF

    Comment


    • #3
      re: I am a defaulter of Credit Card in UAE - Can I travel via any other GCC?

      Hi AFF,

      Before I answer here, I would ask if you have travelled via GCC and got deported to UAE or any such experience??? If not, then I would suggest to stop misleading people on just hearing things.

      Comment


      • #4
        re: I am a defaulter of Credit Card in UAE - Can I travel via any other GCC?

        Hi Rahul,

        Here's the correct & up to date info.

        1. Under IATA laws, a passenger can ONLY be deported back to its origin (where he travelled from).
        2. There's no such Extradition system exists in GCC whereby 1 country will catch & handover to the country where passenger is defaulter.
        3. Irrespective of your status in UAE, when you travel & transit in ANY COUNTRY, you never go to Immigration counter but via Transfer Lounge & straight to Boarding the next flight. I'm default in Dubai since 2010. Had 6-7 Credit Cards. All used fully. Live in London. Went to Pak via QATAR AIRWAYS thru Doha & came back last month. No Immigrationl, Nothing.
        4. My friend, has 2 cases registered in Dubai, travelled from LONDON via DUBAI on Emirates to Pakistan & came back couple of months back & just gone before Eid Again. NO PROBLEMS.

        It actually makes sense too. All airlines operate under INTERNATIONAL AIR TRAFFIC ASSOCIATION rules. These arabs can do what they want within their LAND OF CAMELS but not internationally.

        So Go ahead & travel any GCC FREELY, U can actually go to these GCC countries as well. If ur coming to London, Welcome to my home! Any problems, email me: [email protected]

        AFF, I hate people who spread unverified & misleading news. Thanks

        Comment


        • #5
          re: I am a defaulter of Credit Card in UAE - Can I travel via any other GCC?

          AFFA is a debit collection agent from UAE. Affa is posting the same sentences like arrest, interpol, deportation, jail etc in all posts in this form. So let us just ignore Affa's advise.

          Comment


          • #6
            re: I am a defaulter of Credit Card in UAE - Can I travel via any other GCC?

            Originally posted by UniqueIdentity View Post
            Hi AFF,

            Before I answer here, I would ask if you have travelled via GCC and got deported to UAE or any such experience??? If not, then I would suggest to stop misleading people on just hearing things.
            That AFFA must be ban here in this forum ,He is misleading all the people that are asking for a help.
            He is a liar. Ask him a proof if there is somebody was already arrested. You are going to hell AFFA.!!
            I have known many people who had the same case but never arrested. Even the loan defaulter traveled himself in UAE 2 months ago. yes he was arrested in the airport due to 55,000 credit from First Gulf but he was released after 4 hours and now he is working. Though he has a case but still he was not jailed.

            Do not listen to AFFA, he is just from credit agency that is having minimal paid salary .

            Comment


            • #7
              re: I am a defaulter of Credit Card in UAE - Can I travel via any other GCC?

              I have a job offer in kuwait . Asking me to fly on the 15 of September I have a pending case in the UAE . Unfortunately my employer booked a flight from emirates airlines which will have a stop over in Dubai will police catch me even I just stop over in their country? I'm scared and confused if I still need to push this travel

              Comment


              • #8
                re: I am a defaulter of Credit Card in UAE - Can I travel via any other GCC?

                Hi,
                Can anyone advise me please on what to do. My husband have a salary loan before in dubai & credit cards debts which we haven't pay already when we leave dubai for good. And now after 3 years of hiding and afraid to go back dubai because of this loan that we have in dubai, he refuses some offers to work in dubai but now that one company from dubai offered him a good start and he signed already the company offer letter already and process the visa.
                Please, can anyone tell me what will happen onhim in the airport once arrived? He plans to pay the bank if he have work already.

                I ask one of my friend in dubai to check his.status in immigration airport and police if there is any problem, he told.me 100% sure no problem because he already check and he is.very sure. I told him, maybe mistake only because it is very big amount that he loan from the bank. Maybe total all in all including the salary loan and credit card, 250k
                Pls needed opinion..

                Comment


                • #9
                  re: I am a defaulter of Credit Card in UAE - Can I travel via any other GCC?

                  Originally posted by hopefull View Post
                  Hi,
                  Can anyone advise me please on what to do. My husband have a salary loan before in dubai & credit cards debts which we haven't pay already when we leave dubai for good. And now after 3 years of hiding and afraid to go back dubai because of this loan that we have in dubai, he refuses some offers to work in dubai but now that one company from dubai offered him a good start and he signed already the company offer letter already and process the visa.
                  Please, can anyone tell me what will happen onhim in the airport once arrived? He plans to pay the bank if he have work already.

                  I ask one of my friend in dubai to check his.status in immigration airport and police if there is any problem, he told.me 100% sure no problem because he already check and he is.very sure. I told him, maybe mistake only because it is very big amount that he loan from the bank. Maybe total all in all including the salary loan and credit card, 250k
                  Pls needed opinion..
                  I worked as a PRO in dubai for 7 years .. I applied 2 visas in different month for the 2 people we hired.. The one i applied first was a tourist visa coz its very easy , it will take only 4 days to process . When he arrived in dubai airport he was sent back to his home country . He found out that he was blacklisted by his former employer.,,it means they can grant you tourist visa even you are blacklisted .. the other one , i applied for working visa , but it was rejected , the immigration officer show me paper that she was blacklisted and with criminal case due to absconding.. the officer told me that dont waste time to re apply or else she will be jailed.......In your case , if he will be granted working visa , it means he is ok..if the company applied him tourist , you are not sure what will happen in the airport . so better apply for working visa. if its ok for your please email me , i will give more info [email protected]

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    re: I am a defaulter of Credit Card in UAE - Can I travel via any other GCC?

                    What if he's visa will be granted? Does it mean he will not be having problem arriving in airport? How many days will the employment be process?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                      That AFFA must be ban here in this forum ,He is misleading all the people that are asking for a help.
                      He is a liar. Ask him a proof if there is somebody was already arrested. You are going to hell AFFA.!!
                      I have known many people who had the same case but never arrested. Even the loan defaulter traveled himself in UAE 2 months ago. yes he was arrested in the airport due to 55,000 credit from First Gulf but he was released after 4 hours and now he is working. Though he has a case but still he was not jailed.

                      Do not listen to AFFA, he is just from credit agency that is having minimal paid salary .


                      What happened now to your.friend with a case in uae? So does this mean also that if my husband will.go back dubai with with cc loan and personal loan, he will.not be in.jailed even if the bank file a case on him? What kind of settlement he have done when he reached airport before? Did he pay anything on the airport? Is his passport taken from him?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        re: I am a defaulter of Credit Card in UAE - Can I travel via any other GCC?

                        After arriving from the airport , he will go to police station after stamping , the he/she will be freed after police hold the passport but you can get it also once, you bond another passport . Hearing in court will take 3 months. if you have job offer just negotiate with the bank they will give u 50 percnt discount

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                          After arriving from the airport , he will go to police station after stamping , the he/she will be freed after police hold the passport but you can get it also once, you bond another passport . Hearing in court will take 3 months. if you have job offer just negotiate with the bank they will give u 50 percnt discount

                          Will the bank really give 50% discount? Its different banks, theres an adcb for salary loan and credit card, barclay, first gulf, mashreq & dunia.finance.
                          Upon arriving in.the airport in.dubai, what will.happen? Will the police will take us.in.jail? If we have job offer, will they release us?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            re: I am a defaulter of Credit Card in UAE - Can I travel via any other GCC?

                            Originally posted by hopefull View Post
                            Will the bank really give 50% discount? Its different banks, theres an adcb for salary loan and credit card, barclay, first gulf, mashreq & dunia.finance.
                            Upon arriving in.the airport in.dubai, what will.happen? Will the police will take us.in.jail? If we have job offer, will they release us?
                            Hopefull,
                            We are on the same boat. My dubai based company is currently working on my visa and I am currently negotiationg with the banks that I owe for a reduction.

                            If you still have friends in the UAE, you can ask their help by trying to obtain Certificate of Good Conduct from the Dubai Police. this you'll know if there are cases filed against you/husband and can prepare for it.

                            Now, if you have a case, you can either settle with the bank before your trip, or take your chances in the airport.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              re: I am a defaulter of Credit Card in UAE - Can I travel via any other GCC?

                              Hi Rahulkerala,

                              I have the same case as you do i have debt in UAE and i want to transit through qatar airport to europe.

                              did you face any problem when u transited the airport could you please answer me..

                              is it safe to transit....?

                              thanks
                              raj

                              Comment

                              Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x

                              the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

                              widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X