Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighting Finance Co. with wrong SSN#

Myself and my father have the same initials with a different middle name. While sharing the same address, a check from Household Finance came in the mail addressed to our name with just the middle initial. He had major credit issues and I was a business owner so I assumed the check was to me. There were no markings of ssn anywhere. When I deposited the check, I told the bank that I was not sure the Check was mine or his, so they put a 10 day hold to allow HFC the opportunity not to cash the check. It was deposited with my ssn and my signature and my address into my account. Later while trying to make payments, I was told I could not access the account because the ssn# did not match. So they continued to refuse payment until collection and a court case. They sued my father via his ssn#, he of course failed to appear so judgement was filed. However they have now garnished my bank accounts and my ssn# was no where on the lawsuit. I want to pay the debt, but on the payment terms I agreed to. Please Help

Re: Fighting Finance Co. with wrong SSN#

They must undo the garnishment on your account if the judgment in court does not refer to you correctly.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X