Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capitol One Wrote Me a Bad Check!

Capitol One wrote me a check on October 20th. I received this check in the mail, and spent almost 3 hours trying to get in touch with the right person who could tell me what this check was in regards to.

After getting through to the right person, I was told that this was a refund for overpaying my account. I asked them to verify this because it didn't sound correct as this was an old closed account that I had paid off in full. The lady on the other end verified it and I said okay thank you.

I drove to the bank that afternoon and cashed the check out of my checking account which i rarely keep alot of money in, and it was cashed on the spot. Now almost two weeks later, when I looked at my account, it is hundreds of dollars negative, because the check was returned by capitol one. Now, not only am I negative from the check, but the small purchases I have made on my debit card for Gas etc. have been charged 35$ overdraft fees for each transaction.

After calling capitol one, they now claim i still have a balance on my account, which was paid off to a third party collector and that they have been reporting negatively on my credit report since it still shows a balance due that is past due multiple months now.

If anyone can help me with this and would like to IM me i can be reached on aol Instant Messenger at Tigerchamp30, or yahoo messenger as tigerchamp30 or on msn messenger as josh (at) avionte (dot) com.

Please help, I don't know what to do and I'm being bent over by a major bank who has taken advantage of me and is killing my credit rating!

Re: Capitol One Wrote Me a Bad Check!

My Idea is to show a Copy of "that" Refund Check, and any Proof of Payment to the Third Party Creditor. Send this Information to the 3 Major CRA's and They will Sort this Matter out with you, As a Concerned Consumer...
    In Service to the World; By My Honor.

Honorable Al-Bey,J.L. Esq.- ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Comment

Re: Capitol One Wrote Me a Bad Check!

I would sue 'em in small claims court!!

Comment

That is crazy.
        I doubt it is on purpose, probably bureaucracy.

I would haul them into small claims when a bank does that.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X