Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook discriminating against certain busnesses

Facebook has become an important financial resource to numerous internet businesses - they have recently started restricting the reach of posts and are requesting money for extra reach - they also have just started a registration process whereby businesses can apply for extra reach at no cost BECAUSE it is a business - my son has started a T-shirt business using his 100,000 fan Facebook page to advertise - Facebook have refused him registration as a business AND REFUSE TO GIVE ANY REASON WHY! His Facebook page name includes a swear word - but can Facebook discriminate against my son and restrict his business enterprise because of a name? It is not hateful, or sexist, or racist - just a rude word: "c*nt" - Facebook allow MANY names of this nature on their website – is it discrimination to not allow one to be used in a business enterprise?
    Jeremy

Re: Facebook discriminating against certain busnesses

That's extremely hateful and sexist. It is quite clear why FB is not allowing it. They are not required to allow your son to advertise on their site.

Comment

Rather amazing as a parent that it doesn't bother you one bit your son wants to use this incredibly crude term in his so-called "business".

Gail

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy100 View Post
        Facebook has become an important financial resource to numerous internet businesses - they have recently started restricting the reach of posts and are requesting money for extra reach - they also have just started a registration process whereby businesses can apply for extra reach at no cost BECAUSE it is a business - my son has started a T-shirt business using his 100,000 fan Facebook page to advertise - Facebook have refused him registration as a business AND REFUSE TO GIVE ANY REASON WHY! His Facebook page name includes a swear word - but can Facebook discriminate against my son and restrict his business enterprise because of a name? It is not hateful, or sexist, or racist - just a rude word: "c*nt" - Facebook allow MANY names of this nature on their website ??" is it discrimination to not allow one to be used in a business enterprise?
        Jeremy
        You and your son need to both enroll in a sensitivity training class for the word that facebook found offensive, the reason they refused his page, is a word that offends every woman. That word is like the "N' word to a black person -- derogatory, misogynist [woman hating], and only used by those who have utter contempt for women -- reducing them to just a walking genital.

Shame on you! For letting him post such a thing on his web page or produce an item intended to insult and offend all women. And a lot of men, too, by the way.

Yes, it is sexist and I can think of no one word one can call a man that is as offensive.

No person has to buy his stuff. Online businesses like facebook, eBay, have absolute control over the content they post so they don't have to host him for any reason they choose.

Apparently they don't like his business. Without even seeing it, neither do I!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X