Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I sue eBay for not stopping a creepy buyer?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can I sue eBay for not stopping a creepy buyer?

OMG - I JUST HAD THE SAME BUYER SEND ME THE SAME EMAIL I thought it sounded creepy so I googled "her" address and found this blog. I think I will simply not respond to this buyer. I had a feeling right off the bat it might be a foot fetish person. WHO WEARS SOCKS WITH PEEP-TOED SHOES?
    Haha. Too funny.

Comment

[email protected]

Yes I am glad I found your post. I researched the email address and so glad you posted this. I got the same exact message on Ebay word for word. It is creepy and inappropriate. Someone else's toes would look different if they bought the shoes so they don't need to see how my toes look in the shoe.. weirdo creep!

"Hello

Interested in buying your heels may I get a few pics of how they look on and would you please include a few pics with socks on with them, all I wear with my heels, and a few close ups of the peep toe area with them on also. You can send pics to [email protected]

Thanks
      Jenny

- ljc42768"

Comment

Same EXACT message 3 days ago... Word for word.. I was Lmao.. I was going to take a pic of someone's gross feet just to be an ass but decided not to antagonize... Creepy *******

Comment

Originally posted by sandyclaus View Post
          Seriously? You find this request creepy?

The buyer is unable to see the product up close prior to bidding. All they are doing is asking for photos of how the shoes will look while worn with socks. That's not creepy, weird, or disgusting in any way, shape, or form. If the person asked you to model the shoes while in a particular state of undress, and asked you to photograph yourself doing so, THEN I might consider the request a little out of bounds; however, what they are asking seems perfectly normal to me.

I see nothing wrong with what the potential bidder is requesting, nor how eBay is responding to it. I see the problem being your own misinterpretation of the request.

As for preventing them from bidding? There's no way to block a particular bidder. You could certainly discourage this person from bidding by refusing to comply with their request for photos of the shoes in use. Of course, that could be a perfect adequate and valid buyer who you will have turned away from putting in a bid on your product. Your choice, of course.

I just got the same request for a shoe with professional photos, this person is obviously a creep

Comment

I am so glad I found this. I got the exact same message last night and got total creep vibes!! Googled the username and here I am too. No, I will not send you pictures of my toes up close in the shoes. Creeeepy!!

Comment

No, you cannot sue eBay because only eBay can take decisions about what they have to do with their creepy buyer.

Comment

Our pal is still at it. Hope he enjoyed the pix I sent 😜

Comment

I just got the same message too. Still at it. Thanks for original post and the rest, confirming my instints where right.

Comment

Yep same message.

Hello

Interested in buying your heels, may I get a few pics of how they look with light colored socks on with them (all I wear with my heels) and a few close ups of the toe with the socks.

Thanks
                    Jenny

Then multiple emails over and over through eBay. Also I am unable to block this creep comes up as invalid ID.

Ugh.

Comment

By the way eBay ID on said creep below is ljc42768. Cannot block.

Originally posted by Unregistered
                      Yep same message.

Hello

Interested in buying your heels, may I get a few pics of how they look with light colored socks on with them (all I wear with my heels) and a few close ups of the toe with the socks.

Thanks
                      Jenny

Then multiple emails over and over through eBay. Also I am unable to block this creep comes up as invalid ID.

Ugh.

Comment

The obvious thing is to change your username.
                        o change your username:1. Go to My eBay > My Account > Personal Information.
                        2. Click Edit to the far right of your username.
                        You can only change your username every 30 days.
                        Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

I have a buyer that is texting me 10 times a day.

Can I get a police order to make him stop.
                          It weirding me out. And we wont stop.

Comment

Tell him to stop, and inform ebay. EBay will close the account if the former buyer doesn't have some good reason for that continuing behavior.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                              I have a buyer that is texting me 10 times a day.

Can I get a police order to make him stop.
                              It weirding me out. And we wont stop.
                              That is Seattly what I would do, file a police report and make the jerk explain himself.

Comment

I see I am not the only one.
                                I also have a buyer from hell that is basically stalking me at this point.
                                I don't know if it enough to call the police but the disgruntled buyer calls and texts about 15 times each day with various types of threats.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X