USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to send commercial emails legally? (LinkedIn)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to send commercial emails legally? (LinkedIn)

On LinkedIn there is a feature where one can retrieve the email addresses of people. So my question is whether I can send commercial emails to them to market my services and avoid getting it into the spam folder at the same time? Is it legal to do so? Please help.
    California Foreclosure Attorney -- John Dzialo

re: How to send commercial emails legally? (LinkedIn)

All commercial email must meet federal and state requirements, and violations could cost thousands of dollars. Mass marketing emails must state they are ads, must include opt-out information, and cannot use misleading headers. Most state laws target fraudulent email, but a few laws apply to any emailed marketing messages. The law does not require senders to obtain permission for their messages, and bans states from passing tougher rules.

Comment

re: How to send commercial emails legally? (LinkedIn)

That is a violation of LinkedIn TOS. Further, unless you are linked to them, it will not likely allow you to send enmass.
      Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Re: How to send commercial emails legally? (LinkedIn)

Originally posted by justin1 View Post
        On LinkedIn there is a feature where one can retrieve the email addresses of people. So my question is whether I can send commercial emails to them to market my services and avoid getting it into the spam folder at the same time? Is it legal to do so? Please help.
        Legal? Probably so, unless it violates the user's right to receive unwanted email solicitations. That really is the bottom line. It is against the law for you to send email solicitations to persons with whom you do not have an existing business relationship or who have not requested said solicitations.

It is against LinkedIn's TOS, primarily because it misuses the resources available to its users. You would be using THEIR email customer base for your own personal (or business) interests. That goes especially so when you have signed up for LinkedIn's website solely for the purpose of SPAMMING its users.
        "If it ain't in writing, it never happened."
        "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
        "You can never make the same mistake twice, because the second time you make it, it's not a mistake, but a CHOICE."

Comment

Re: How to send commercial emails legally? (LinkedIn)

Thank you so much all of you for the posts. I think if its against the TOS of LinkedIn then there are also chances that they would ban me making an assumption that I have joined only for spamming. So, I think its better staying away from all this. Thanks again all of you.
          California Foreclosure Attorney -- John Dzialo

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X