The United States Arbitration Corporation (USAC)

USAC Banner 300x250

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

prestigia.com cancellation and refund problems, scam

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prestigia.com cancellation and refund problems, scam

There is a website called prestigia . com that post on their website free cancellations. However, when you go to cancel your reservation, they then say they enact force majeure and will only return the money via voucher. If I had known this before booking, I wouldn't have used them. My credit card company says that because I allowed the charge there's nothing I can do. The hotel that I booked actually allows for full refunds. There are other customers reporting the same complaints. They are holding $1500! It's kiind of a scam.

Isn't this consider false advertising or even fraud since they stated "free cancellation" but didn't disclose upfront that they wouldn't return the money? Is there anything I can do?

I wish to inform you that terms of service of this website will determine your rights. You may challenge force majeure clause on the ground that website must show how act of god has affected your refund. If website terms of service does not define force majeure or conditions of force majeure are not met by website then you may claim refund of amount due as per agreement. If website refuses then you may file lawsuit to recover amount due and may even report matter to IC3.

AFF

Comment

You need to read the TOS and any agreement you authorized when booking.

Wait I'll do it for you.

https://wwwDOTprestigiaDOTcom/en/sales-conditions.html
      1. Reservations and Cancellations

After having made and confirmed their reservation, the customer is bound to his reservation and to the conditions of our service. This commitment cannot be broken except if Prestigia Ltd cannot fully meet the request.

Once the booking is made, a confirmation e-mail will be sent to the address provided by the customer in the booking form. This confirmation e-mail has to be taken as a voucher. This voucher is proof of booking and should be presented by the customer to the hotel upon arrival. We strongly recommend you to print out a copy of this voucher and keep a copy for your records and a copy with you while travelling.

In case of erroneous transmission by the customer of his personal information, Prestigia Ltd will not be held liable for non or inappropriate performance of the travel due to the non reception of travel information or reception of erroneous travel information.

In case of cancellation, the customer has to respect the cancellation fees according to the hotel's cancellation conditions. The cancellation policies related to the booked hotel are to be found on the hotel's page on the website.

Prestigia.com has no liability and will make no refund in the event of any delay, cancellation, overbooking, strike, force majeure event or other causes beyond their direct control.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamm09 View Post
        The hotel that I booked actually allows for full refunds.
        Then can't you get a refund from the hotel.

Comment

nope not if she paid through prestigia, or expedia or any of them...those firms have to do the refund

Comment

Also report them to every consumer agency you can where they are doing business.

Comment

I think the site is HQ's in the UK-- United Kingdom-- just fyi. But serves customers in many countries.

Comment

I had the same problem. They scammed me too.

They tell you in big bold letters free cancellation on your order page and even give you the date to cancel by etc. But when you do cancel they then point to the term buried in their TOS which contradict what they said while you were ordering.

Others have complained about this as well. It's just a scam. I have reported them to local consumer protection offices, we will see how it turns out.
                They should be sued in a class action or even have criminal charges filed against them.

Comment

I think they are UK and Gibralter based but they are doing business in the USA so could be sued in the USA too I believe.

Comment

I’m in a similar position. Paid £5000 for a hotel in Mexico through Prestigia and due to Mexico being moved onto the red list (covid) the airline cancelled all flights 2 days before I was due to arrive. I never cancelled the trip but unbeknown to me Prestigia applied to the hotel company and requested a refund, then, having been given said refund they used my money to pay off their debts to the hotel company!! I have this in writing from the hotel company as they were looking into rebooking me directly by using the money I believe they had received. Prestigia won’t provide any refund whatsoever. What can I do? Does anyone know a law firm I can contact?

Comment

Others have complained as well.
                      You may need to file in small claims type court or arbitration depending on your terms and where you live.
                      If you paid by card, cancel the charge and try the card dispute process.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                      x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)