Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saudi student in US impersonation

If a Saudi woman goes online and posts under an alias to slander, false accusations about a person on a business sight on google? The person wants to file a civil lawsuit and maybe criminal? What would motivate her to take it down, besides asking her nicely (several times)?

Re: Saudi student in US impersonation

I wish to inform you that a lawsuit can be filed and court orders can be obtained that the person responsible must remove the port. In this regard if a person has posted under false name than this does not restrict court from taking any action. Further compensation for loss to reputation may also be demanded in court. As other person had failed to take action to remove post thus court action can be sought.

AFF

Comment

Thanks!
      I am trying to avoid suit. I am wanting her to take it down, obviously. She is on a student visa in the US, she values this. Is there anything I can say to her to take it down that would threaten her status/ visa in the US?

Comment

Re: Saudi student in US impersonation

Send a certified letter to her. Explain why the statements are offensive and inform her that you want a public apology or else you will sue her. Tell her that you can easily pull up all past documents showing the statements were made by her. Ask her to delete every statement within a specified time. Further, contact the administrator of the website where the statements were made and have them pull the records for you. Take the matter to court, if needed.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X