Can the contract of a self employed agent be termined for lack of production

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can the contract of a self employed agent be termined for lack of production

Having entered into a contract to generate sales on a website within a six month period...thats in the small print....then spending thousands of dollars to produce a system to put me into a market leading position...I was then informed that my account was deactivated because of no sales and a lack of activity.

Question...it is my understanding that reguardless of contracts a self employed individual can perform at his own dictate....the moment he is required to follow contracts and is penalised for sales performance he falls under the employed catagory, so to speak.

The issue is simply...having built a net work at my own expense for a company that offers its services on the internet...is it right that it can be taken away for lack of peformance. Lack of sales is not sufficient to terminate a person working at his own expense.

What are my options

Re: Can the contract of a self employed agent be termined for lack of production

You are correct. Based on what you say here, you could file suit against them (or at least threaten to do so) in small claims court or in regular court; filing in small claims court is easier and requires no attorney...you could try to collect all of the costs and damages that you suffered due to their behavior... You may also report them to your state attorney general's office.

Comment

Re: Can the contract of a self employed agent be termined for lack of production

Thank you, I will certainly research what I can or cannot do. I may well discuss this further in the forum, I am sure a lot of people have experience similiar concerns.

Comment

Or you may have WLD lawyers get directly involved if need be.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X