Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• contacted to wire the funds

I have been contacted for jobs by two Russian companies that would like to have funds for purchases from their customers sent to me through PayPal and in turn I am to wire the funds to them or another person in what ever location I am told I am to take my fee off the top prior to making the wire transfer. In addition they pay for all fees associated with the transaction. Is this legal in the United States?

It would appear strange to me that with all the banks that provide such services (foreign funds transfers), such as Wells Fargo, why they would need some lamen to perform such transactions. Please advise. I would like to do this, however am not willing to break US laws to do so.

Re: contacted to wire the funds

It is a scam; and the checks will be fraudulent...and you would be liable. Report it to the FBI if you wish.

Comment

Re: contacted to wire the funds

Or the PayPal funds are reversed due to fraud and you end up being liable as well. Stay away from that proposal, it is a scam, your instincts are correct. You could even inform the FBI, though they apparently see this every day and frankly they often don't seem to do too much for these kinds of issues.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X