Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost contract

I purchased a used car from a reputable car dealer, almost 3 months have past and no bill or notice from the lender. I contacted the lender myself, but all they could tell me was the information wasnt in their system, yet my account#
    or ss# didnt exist with them. (BTW, I did a trade-in and a $3000 DP.) Now the dealer has contact me, and has asked me to go in; it seems they have lost my contract somehow. So now want me to fill out a new contract.
    My question is, if I am no longer satisfied with this car, am I able to negotiate on another car, being there is no existing contract?

Re: Lost contract

I wish to submit that when you have entered into a contract that contract is valid and you will have to abide by its terms. However, if a party to a contract has lost the contract then the remedy is to get a copy of existing contract by the party that has lost the contract from the other party but not to have a new agreement made. New agreement will set out its new terms and for same agreement generally the parties do not enter agreement again and again. Now if you feel that the other party will not be able to prove the contract as they have lost it, therefore, you can bargain for a new car but that new car contract will be a new agreement setting out duties of parties again.

AFF

Comment

we have a major issue with a used car lot where we purchased a vehicle from. We have been paying our monthly payment of a specified amount then I recieved a phone a
      call from dealer stating that we pay a specific amount for 2 months. So as of janurary another $100 is added for that month and feburary. mind you the office manager/everything worker is a very rude, obnoxious female.we went to make payment in janurary our initial agreed payment that is in black/white plus the added 100 that is not. My husband asked her what is the extra for she wouldnt give reason so at first onlypayment of initial was gonna be given and the extra the following week she was gonna refuse it at first but took it in partial payments. So now I go in feburary to pay the first part and inform her that the extra will be in acouple weeks she refuses to take it in partials she says.she says to just bring it all in at the end of the month, on Feb.27 I recieve a call from her demanding that we come in with 610.00 by that noon or repoed. So now I am even more lost I let my husband know bout the.call so we drive to the dealer and need answers to questions, my husband has the conversation recording he asks her bout the huge amount and how it all came to that large and why did she refuse the agreed amount she really hadno explanation but states she doesnt take partial. But she did last month then she has these 2 rolly polly workers of hers stand guard now we are feeling much interigated by these 2 employees, my husband again asks her why the amount and then yells at the employees to lock the [email protected]#%&+ gate so my husband blocks one guy from the gate while I hurry up and get the.car out. Ok we dig out well this morning the repo man and half the squad of our local police force arrives and after realizingit wasnt going anywhere with these guys they arrest my husband and take the car. Can somebody please HELP US..

Comment

Originally posted by Aukaintui View Post
        we have a major issue with a used car lot where we purchased a vehicle from. We have been paying our monthly payment of a specified amount then I recieved a phone a
        call from dealer stating that we pay a specific amount for 2 months. So as of janurary another $100 is added for that month and feburary. mind you the office manager/everything worker is a very rude, obnoxious female.we went to make payment in janurary our initial agreed payment that is in black/white plus the added 100 that is not. My husband asked her what is the extra for she wouldnt give reason so at first onlypayment of initial was gonna be given and the extra the following week she was gonna refuse it at first but took it in partial payments. So now I go in feburary to pay the first part and inform her that the extra will be in acouple weeks she refuses to take it in partials she says.she says to just bring it all in at the end of the month, on Feb.27 I recieve a call from her demanding that we come in with 610.00 by that noon or repoed. So now I am even more lost I let my husband know bout the.call so we drive to the dealer and need answers to questions, my husband has the conversation recording he asks her bout the huge amount and how it all came to that large and why did she refuse the agreed amount she really hadno explanation but states she doesnt take partial. But she did last month then she has these 2 rolly polly workers of hers stand guard now we are feeling much interigated by these 2 employees, my husband again asks her why the amount and then yells at the employees to lock the [email protected]#%&+ gate so my husband blocks one guy from the gate while I hurry up and get the.car out. Ok we dig out well this morning the repo man and half the squad of our local police force arrives and after realizingit wasnt going anywhere with these guys they arrest my husband and take the car. Can somebody please HELP US..
        Without seeing your contract it is impossible to give an informed opinion. But if you take your contract to a lawyer to review regarding the payments, you may have a case against the dealer.

Comment

I've heard of something similar once before. The extra was bc the party did not maintain full coverage insurance (which is grounds to repo).

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X