X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• used car

A long story, but please help.

In Oct. 2005 I purchased 2002 Ford Excursion with an extended warranty from a Nissan dealership.
    In Jul '06, a spark plug came loose. The dealer stated that the warranty company denied claim, and the dealer wanted $360. My wife argued with them, and the cost was split in half.
    In Sept 06, the same cylinder was loosing compression. Nissan stated that the warranty company wanted the motor disassembled for inspection; furthermore, we would need to agree to pay $1300 if the claim was denied, just for the disassembly.
    We contacted the warranty company, and were told we could take the car to any licensed mechanic. They also told us that a claim was never entered for the July incident.
    Our mechanic took apart the head, after we agreed to pay $500, if the claim was denied.
    The warranty company denied the claim due to faulty workmanship on the July incident.
    Question - can I hold Antelope Valley Nissan liable to pay to fix the car? I do not trust them to perform the work.

More facts - As a result of the spark plug 'blowing out' of the cylinder head, the treads in the head were gone. A larger hole was bored and a heilicoil was inserted. The hole was drilled to deep, allowing the piston head to slam against the new spark plug.

Our mechanic says it will cost about $3000 to fix the car.

I did not want Nissan's AUL extended warranty; I wanted to purchase my own from Warranty Direct. Nissan assured that they were giving me the top of the line warranty that AUL had to offer.

A CD is now stuck in the CD player. Nissan said that the CD player needs to be replaced at a cost of $700 because AUL denied the claim. AUL has no record of a claim ever being entered for a faulty CD player.

My assumption is that either Nissan allowed the trade-in with a flaw, knowingly or not, or they did a poor job themselves.

Please help, thanks, Ralph.

California

It may be important to know that this occoured in the state of Calfornia.

Comment

You may want to file against the mechanic and the warrant company in small claims if you need to--and have each explain under oath what has been happening. It may be the mechanic is not being truthful if we follow your question correctly.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X