Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employee Discrimination

I work for a major telecommunications company. The company implemented a policy in January 2005 regarding delinquent payment on local telephone accounts with them by an employee. Per the policy, an employee that purchases telephone services with the company and is delinquent on payment of their account may be liable for discipline, up to termination of employment. The policy discriminates against those who are employed by the company and who are also customers of the company. All other customers are disconnected for late/non-payment of services. Employees who live outside of the company's serving area are not affected by the terms of the policy. The company is also disclosing confidential personal account information to their first-level supervisors in order for the supervisors to take discipline on an employee. I have submitted a request to the company's customer service department that my account information remain confidential, with access by the billing department only. The company responded with the following statement: "We do not release confidential information to anyone other than the account holder or authorized persons on the account." To my knowledge, I nor any of my co-workers have authorized access to account information by first-level managers.

From my research, this is a violation of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, as well as Chapter 62 of the North Carolina General Statutes. What steps can be taken to persuade the company to cease and desist with their policy?

Does this policy violate Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI)?
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X