X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adjusterjack
    replied
    If my professional babysitter service fails to show for a 7 hour job that I had arranged with them, can I sue them in small claims for the money I had to spend on another agency
    You can sue for the difference between what it would have cost you with the first sitter and what it cost you for the other agency if the cost of the other agency was higher. In other words, if the first agency was going to cost you $300 and the replacement agency cost you $400 you sue for $100.

and the 3 hrs of work I lost because of their no show?
    No. Nobody ever gets that.

What else can I sue them for
    Out of pocket expenses that you incurred for which you have a receipt.

or do to them?
    Write them up on Yelp. That's all you can do.

They refused to even apologize and I am really angry. I just do not want them to get away with this nonsense. OI feel they knew they double booked staff and just hoped to resolve it and then didn't. They are playing me to cover their risk in their business.
    You can't fix the world. If this is the worst thing that ever happens to you in your life, you're doing well. Sue or not sue, but get over it.

Leave a comment:

• Kaler3900
    started a topic Suing the babysitter service

Suing the babysitter service

California

If my professional babysitter service fails to show for a 7 hour job that I had arranged with them, can I sue them in small claims for the money I had to spend on another agency and the 3 hrs of work I lost because of their no show? What else can I sue them for, or do to them?

They refused to even apologize and I am really angry. I just do not want them to get away with this nonsense. OI feel they knew they doble booked staff and just hoped to resolve it and then didn't. They are playing me to cover their risk in their business.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)